When you go anywhere with children you pretty much have to pack the entire house, including the kitchen sink.
We carry sooo much stuff!
- Sun cream! Both littles and Daddy are ginger and pale. There will be no sunburn here! Factor 50 at all times.
- Hats, well, I take them but we generally end up with tantrums when they have to wear them…
- The pram. Because Angus can’t walk yet, but also because it carries all of the other crap.
- Baby carrier, if we end up going for a long walk, Connie will inevitably get tired/lazy and not want to walk. So Angus goes in the carrier and Connie goes in the pram.
- Food. For two reasons. 1. Because who has a picnic without food?! And 2. Food is a great form of distraction.
- Cutlery, napkins and, because it makes me feel posh, plastic wine glasses from which I sip Appletise.
- A baby snug seat. I hate feeding Angus in the pram or car seat because he is really messy (messier than his sister was) and the snug is waaaaaay easier to clean than the covers for prams and car seats.
- A picnic blanket.
- Change of clothes for everyone. Firstly because kids will be kids and secondly because Daniel and I sometimes get in the way of that. Whoops.
- The usual things in a baby’s bag – nappies, wipes, sudocrem, hand sanitiser, bibs, muslin, bottles etc…
- A ball and other toys, like buckets.
- A book. This one is just overly hopeful to be honest, I’m probably not getting the chance to read.
- Purse. Because you can bet your ass if there is an ice cream shop in a five mile radius Connie will find it. I’m blaming Connie anyway…
- Sunglasses. If the kids start a tantrum war I stick on my sunnies in a bit to block out the judgey stares.
- I also have a little tent that has spf protection. Also ideal, if, like our last trip there is a rain shower. If you’re in any doubt, it was just me in the tent. Nobody else seemed to care about a little rain.
- And lastly, my phone. It has maps, it has a camera, I can call if there’s an emergency and it also tracks my steps for the day (because, you know, getting fit and all that…)